The first non-ferrous metal production facility in Georgia is considered to be a polymetallic mine and manufacturer in Bolnisi district, located 80 km south-east from Tbilisi.
The study of the ore field began in the 1940s. The exploration of the field was carried out in several stages before its industrial assimilation.
In 1959, the construction of one of the largest non-ferrous mining-enrichment ore plant began in Georgia. Together with the construction, an industrial settlement of Kazreti started to establish.